Friday, December 5, 2008

Analogy

If you haven't checked out New Jersey Jesus blog then do it. It is way cool but why reading his latest about, well you read it, I was reminded about my own short comings and my own hurts that give way to less and less compassion in my life if I let them. I am a young pastor of 27 and I have been working in the church awhile. I have found it a reality that as you reach you hand out to people you are just as likely to have it bitten off as to have them grasp it in kindness. After a while you find that you are extending a wrist, then an elbow, and finally just a few inches of a nub left at the shoulder. But what I realize in my analogy is that god heals that nub and regrows a hand out from it. If I let him my arm will never be a nub again but a wrist that continually regrows a hand for reaching out to the next person and who knows maybe eventually everyone will reach back a kind hand.

No comments: