Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tooth Pain

I have been experiencing pain in my teeth for a few days now I do not have great teeth but this is something different than a cavity. Finally today the dentist thinks my tooth has shifted and I am now biting down on only it and that is causing the pain I experience. They ground it down some to match back up and told me to "stay off it" a few days. But while I was there I thought of Paul and his "thorn" I remembered that we are never so close to God as when we need him desperately. The nights I woke up in pain I remember praying fervently for healing and peace. I am not saying God gave me a tooth ache to draw me closer to him but I am saying my recent "thorn" has taken me closer to my Lord. Although I am happy to be on the downhill side of this problem. :)

No comments: