Thursday, July 10, 2008

Character

I am still reading through the bible at my own pace. At this rate it will be three years to finish. I just left Ruth and started 1 Samuel. I am still struck by the character of these people not only Ruth but Boaz. I am sold on this guy here is a man who will marry a foreigner to provide an heir for his extended family. How hard that would be. The first guy in line didn't want to do it, but Boaz gets up early puts himself where he will run into this guy, makes the commitment and shoulders the responsibility. God blesses him for it. He gets a great wife out of the deal and ends up in the linage of King David. Why don't we see more character like that today? Is it wrong to say I am tired of running into "Christians" who couldn't find God with both hands and a flashlight let alone exhibit a little Godly character. I have been there, I've done the stupid stuff and had to stand their and say "I was wrong". It is hard but it needs done when your wrong so why do so many people refuse to admit it even when the truth stares them in the face? PRIDE. So is pride the opposite of Godly character? There's a thought worth pondering.

No comments: