Monday, July 14, 2008

Pastors or Monsters?

I think there is a wrong mindset of pastors in our society today. The concept that pastors are stone cold pillars of God's Judgement on earth. We are one way God uses to correct not judge some people who are violating His principles, but we are most differently not stone cold heartless beasts. When Pastoring God gives you a "heart" for the people you oversee, you share in their hurts, their joys, their tragedies. So when God finally tells you "Its time to correct" someone who is out of line with His word the first reaction is not "Oh yea I get to jump someone" but "do I have to". I have never known a pastor who takes joy from pointing out faults in others, I have known quite a few unsaved people who do though. My point is this Pastors do not want to bring correction, we would rather let God do that, but usually when He tells us to bring correction the person has already tuned Him out. There are many hours of prayer that go into every corrective word spoken from a pastor to make sure it is from God so please remember that if you are ever on the other end of that conversation.

No comments: