Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back at It!


Once again I am back at community outreach. Maybe I should rename this blog (Community Outreach Unlimited)? Will see, but I enjoy it. We are doing some painting on the football field bleachers, I will post some pics when we are done. It is HARD work as we have to do it with rollers and brushes. Painting is not my favorite thing to do either, but it is the first time in years of trying that the school has allowed us to come onto the campus and help. I am still amazed at how hard you have to work just to earn the right to serve (work more for free) people. WOW, WOW AGAIN. Yea how messed up is our world? How scared of being taken advantage of? I was recently reminded that WE are the salt of this world. It still tastes a little bland to me, but I do like my salt so I guess we just keep adding.



Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Mathew 5:13

2 comments:

Gigi said...

It is a sad commentary indeed when offers to help are met with scrutiny and suspicion. But what a sign of the time we live in...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Looking forward to joining with you and others in fervent, determined prayer for our country.

NewJerseyJesus said...

Hey, keep up the community outreach. We had an outreach to a facility for people with AIDS in NYC years ago were we just went Sunday after Sunday to shop, cook and eat dinner with the guys. Back in those days, it was even against the law to share your faith if you were doing any sort of AIDS volunteering. But guess what, 17 years later that original outreach now has Christ-centered worship services at that facility every Sunday...requested by the residents. You just never know our God's timing. BTW, don't change the name of your blog :)