Thursday, September 18, 2008

Plumbing



So I live on a block with two widows across the alley. I have let them know if they need anything I am willing to help them for FREE. It never seems to be the best time when they make good on the offer but when is the BEST time to put aside the stuff you are doing to help someone else? I found myself the other night taking apart a "P" trap on a sink, after dumping two bottles of drain-o down it, so that I could run a little snake I have through the line. I had to run it twice and that took a little while but we got the line clear and it saved this older widow alot of money that she did not have to spend on a real plumber. I have been paid in kindness, pies, and nuts but that's not why I do these things. God has called us all to help.
"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us."

James 1:27

No comments: