Friday, September 12, 2008

What a day

My dad had surgery yesterday for a back problem. The surgery went well and with alot of physical therapy he will be back to great shape. I did not realize it was going to affect me the way it did. My family is close but I just wasn't worried about the surgery or seeing my father after the surgery. It took me off guard to see him with hoses running out of his back and hip draining the seepage from the operation, the O2 hose out his nose, the monitor and all the leads checking his vitals, and so on. It wasn't just all that but the pain I saw him in when he was between the operation pain killer and the other pain killer they were not quite ready to give him in post op. It is hard to see another human being suffering, but sometimes we have to hurt a little to get better. How many of us are willing to do that in Christianity?

No comments: