Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Disappointment

I have run across allot of disappointment lately in school board officials and also now in city council officials. It puts me in mind of the big disappointments I have experienced in others in my past. It is hard to go through a BIG disappointment, I mean the kind where people turn out to be something different than you thought not the kind where you come home and the kids haven't cleaned their room. It makes you want to lash out at others, close up and guard yourself, and even retreat from life when you experience this disappointment. However I am reminding myself this morning that people are not perfect and while sometimes you should stand up and fight for injustices done, all the time you are called to forgive them. Lord help me today to forgive the stupid, ignorant morons who do not deserve it. Help me to see the people you see and not the disappointment that I see.

2 comments:

Pat Hankins said...

you know sometimes people just don't want to rock the boat. But sometimes it is necesarry to rock the boat to get some passengers out of it that do not have the best intrest of the boat in mind. So I would stay when you have done all you can do, stand. I think that is scriptural... :-)

sassy chic said...

I feel your pain! I cannot hardly tolerate stupid morons anymore than you can! But we do have to forgive and walk in love inspite of them...we do not have to agree with or like them though!