Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Breakdown Cont...

So my car was not getting fuel. I checked the fuel line and nothing, not a drop. So next I opened the hatch in the trunk (thank God for the little things like easy access) and checked the connection. It had voltage to it so it must be the pump itself. So I went and got a new fuel pump and put it in. No go. In the process of putting it in I realized I had checked the wrong connection. This car has a separate access for the censor and float for the fuel gauge, I had checked it. So the process continues add to it a $160 fuel pump and strainer, but that's ok since the original pump was still in it and the car is at like 215000 miles. Checking the electrical is my next step. That's where the problem has to be, but try doing that without the fuse schematic that tells you whats what. I don't like the stumbling around in the dark approach to mechanics or life I like to know what I am doing and where I am going. It makes things allot more simple and not so HARD. Do you know what you are doing and where you are going?

No comments: