Monday, June 16, 2008

Spiritual Stuff

If you are not a christian do not read on, you won't understand this post. For the rest of you here it is. I was in praise and worship Sunday morning (standing where I feel God has told me to stand, but that is another story) and a huge burden hit me. I should say it more like slowly descended on me. It was for my family both my real family and my church family. As I found the weight of this burden putting me on my knees I realized I was praying "God don't let the enemy sift us (church), don't let the enemy sift them (my family)". You see as God does the work in our church preparing us for the things He has for us (I don't know what) he has been allowing the enemy to sift everyone in the church. I should stop for a moment and explain "sift" in the context I mean it in. I have personally noticed that with each person it is different but it is a problem that they deal with that they either choose to overcome through Christ or they choose to leave the church over. It usually has some sort of tie in to the pastors, but doesn't every problem a person in church experiences. I believe this is directly associated with a prophecy given to this church a couple years ago by Steve Foley, but that to is a long story. So everyone has to be sifted it seems before we move on to Gods promises and the fullness of what he has for us. Now back to how this all applies to my family and church like I said earlier I found myself praying for God not to let the enemy sift us. What I realize later was my desire was not that we don't get better (through the sifting process) but that God not allow the enemy to destroy us during this process. You see we only get better if we overcome the enemy and pass through the process otherwise we are destroyed. Whether this means completely thrown out of church for good or just hurt and in need of repair either way we walk away destroyed to some extent. So my concern if for my family, I love my church and am concerned for them as well but nothing hits you like family. I know that there is a spiritual warfare going on right now for my family and am concerned that the enemy is in an all out assault on them or will be soon. I am asking those who have chosen to read this post (Christians) to help me pray for my family and my church because I very much feel that the Holy Spirit has served warning to me and now the choice of whether or not my family and church are worth battling for is mine. I will continue to stay in touch as to how the battle goes and whether or not I stay faithful in fighting it.

No comments: