Friday, February 13, 2009

Exercise




I was reminded this week that I am not a thin as I used to be. Granted I am not what you would call fat but I am getting unhealthy. It was a crude awaking to be reminded that yes I have not really worked out for a few years and my body mass has reconfigured itself to the shape of a small tire around my midsection. Now we are not talking tractor trailer tire or even Honda civic tire but it is still there and the fact is I am about 15 pounds past what I need to be. I don't watch what I eat, I don't exercise, and my work is not as physically demanding as it used to be. My intake is way more than my output so it gets stored. I need to be more conscious of my health. I have always been told my body is the temple of God and granted I have some ink on the temples walls but that doesn't mean I let my temple go unmaintained. So now the reality I have got to drink more water GOD HATES ME, OK maybe not but that's what I think when I drink water. I also need to work out and eat better I am now almost 28 and my temple isn't getting any younger. Time to start fixing it up again.

1 comment:

NewJerseyJesus said...

and just wait until what that temple looks like at 48! (ugh, i'm even older than that, what happened?)...you know i'm heading straight to the gym.

a few weeks back my crazy pastor was telling us all how he was using food instead of god for his comfort - to prove the point he lifted up his shirt in the middle of his sermon. that was way too much visual for me :)but we all got the point!