Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mr. Fix it

I am handy to have around (according to my wife anyway). I like to work with my hands when I have the time and I can usually figure out how to fix something at least temporarily. So I am developing a name for a guy who can fix small problems. I get calls from my neighbors asking me to crawl under their house and fix plumbing problems, calls from my sister to help fix leaks, and calls from older widows to help fix toilets. For a while one of our church lady's was teasing me about making a shirt with a SJ and the superman logo on the front for "SUPER JOHN". It has all slowed down now but I enjoy being able to help people. It makes me feel good inside. I am glad God gave me a heart to help people. I am glad he built us with that inner satisfaction when we know we have done a good job and have blessed someone else. It has been awhile since I have done that and I am realizing that I need to put that back into my schedule.

No comments: