Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stepping Out

I am a cautious person, one who likes to see what step I'm taking analyse it three or four different ways and then once I've made my decision I like to wait a while longer and see what happens. This approach has helped me in a number of areas but it has also hurt me in quit a few areas as well. Some things require quick decisions and I have never been the one to make a decision that way. I have passed up many opportunities because they moved faster than my decision making process did. Now I am stepping out on a business venture this is hard for me as I am like I said very cautious. I do not want to be the one to lead my family into financial trouble and hardship. I do not want to have to trust God with this even though I know He has told me this is to happen and the the doors that were shut have now miraculously opened on there own. You heard me right, it is hard to place everything into Gods hands and eliminate your own safety net to completely trust Him to provide for you. I have done this before but God has lead me back to the same circumstance once again. It seems He wants me to remember that He is the provider not my extra income that I count on for peace of mind. My security blanket will have to go it has gotten in between me and God. At the same time He has put me into a situation that will bless me in the long run, isn't God awesome He can strip you of your comfort level while putting you on the road to blessing. Where is God stripping you of your comfort so that He can put YOU on the road to blessing? Do you still have a hold on your security blanket or have you finally turned loose of it?

No comments: