Friday, January 30, 2009

Fear

This morning I did battle with one of my old adversaries (fear). It is amazing to me that some people keep coming back no matter how many times you whip them. This guy just doesn't quit, I would like to think of myself in this same way. That I to am a person that would stay the course no matter what, that does not give up either. Anyway this guy annoys me, sneaking into my thoughts when I am not paying attention and before I realize it I have chased him down a road I did not want to be on. When I come to and realize that once again I have been bush whacked it is time to reflect how I got on to that road and every time I come back to a lose that I encountered years ago. I believe that God has healed me of this lose but my enemy tries to resurrect it sometimes to use as a weapon against me. I once again turn out to be the man I thought I was by turning back from the road I was led down, now if I could only stop chasing this guy when he pops up I would never end up on the road to begin with. We all have room to grow.

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

No comments: