Friday, January 23, 2009

Mistaken Circumstances


I am constantly finding myself in situations where I think I know what is going on but in the end I did not. I am amazed at how a circumstance can look one way from one side and totally another from the other side. I had some people move there stuff into the mini storage I manage and not tell me about it. I just drove by and saw locks that were not supposed to be there. So I call the police and we cut off the lock thinking I would find a meth lab or pot growing or something like that. We found household furniture and that was it. I was very put out by this who would dare sneak stuff into someones elses building and try to store there stuff for free, that was stealing. So I locked the stuff up put a note on the door and got a call a few days later. Come to find out these people had stored stuff in the wrong building they had been talking to the owner of the other mini storage in town and when they went to put there stuff in they put it into my building by mistake. There are more points to the story but that is the simple version. What I saw as a huge injustice and a criminal offense was at its simplest form a mistake and miscommunication. I am glad I did not take there stuff out and throw it into a ditch or something that would have been bad. Thank God for the little voice that tells you to calm down and take it easy. I also thank God for the other voices around me who help support His voice.

1 comment:

sassy chic said...

yes thank God for that leading of His Spirit that stops us from doing things or saying things we would regret if we are willing to listen to it! That is the trick for me so often is actually listening!!